1. Open Internet Explorer. Inside internet explorer, click the “tools” button, or the settings gear:
Depending on the version of Internet explorer you are using, you will see one of the two alternative tools menus as displayed above.
2. Once you click tools, choose “internet options”:
3. Within the internet options window, click on the “connections” tab:
4. On the connections tab, choose “LAN Settings”:
5. Within the LAN Settings window, REMOVE the check from “Automatically Detect Settings”:
Click OK, and exit Internet Explorer.