Expected Response Time – Less than 8 Business hours
This is the initial support level responsible for basic customer issues. Level 1 incidents have a minimal effect on your daily work, and are usually nothing more than a nuisance or annoyance.
– Sound not working on a desktop.
– Creation of a new user or email address; problems with spam mail
– Printer not working when similar printers are available.
Expected Response Time – Less than 4 business hours
This support level is for issues that affect the customer’s ability to perform their daily tasks in a timely manner. Level 2 issues often do not have a workaround available and also cause a significant decrease in productivity for the affected user.
– A PC or printer is completely down
– User cannot send or receive emails from their mail client.
– A computer is infected with viruses or malware.
Expected Response Time – Next available technician (within the hour)
Level 3 issues are the highest priority and significantly affect company workflow and do not have any available workarounds present. These issues typically create a work stoppage for all users or departments. Level 3 issues are reserved for the most serious support incidents.
– Server down or unresponsive.
– Loss of network connectivity at the company level.
– Company-wide inability to access primary business database or software
STM will make every effort to respond to Level 2 or higher tickets that a received prior
to 12:30PM on the same business day. Tickets received after 12:30PM may be addressed the following business day depending on case load.