How to install the NetExtender
This will allow you to connect to your server remotely using the server icon on your desktop. If you do not have a server icon on your desktop, please call STM at 704-334-7893 after the NetExtender installation.
1. You will need to add https://secure.stmsupport.com to “trusted sites”. In older versions of internet explorer, click “tools” then “internet options”. In internet explorer 8 and above, click the gear at the top right, and choose “internet options”.
2. Click the “Security” tab, choose “Trusted Sites”, then click the “Sites” button.
3. Type https://secure.stmsupport.com into the “add this website to the zone” field, then click add.
4. Upon completion, the site should appear in the “websites” field. Click “close” and then click “OK”.
5. Browse to the secure site at: https://secure.stmsupport.com
6. Login using your credentials:
7. Click NetExtender at the top of the window:
8. Click “install” when prompted:
9. You should be prompted to click “install” again, please click “install”:
10. Upon Completion you should see the following window. You may now use your desktop server icon to connect to the remote server.
The server desktop icon, if you have one, will look like this:
To use netextender in the future, it is not necessary to browse back to the STM website. You will have a netextender icon in the start menu that you can use: